We don't exist for us.
Forget everything you’ve heard about church.
Life Church has grown in five short years from a handful of friends to nearly a thousand.
We don’t do what’s expected or,
for that matter, what’s accepted.
The music is loud. The message is bold.
We value kids and love students.
We do whatever it takes to connect people to God.
We want to change the way you think about church,
so give us a shot.
We have two locations to choose from in Midland and Saginaw, and we think you’re gonna love it…
Founding Pastor + Recovering Hypocrite
Life Church exists to reach people far from God.
People far from God matter to God.
Every person matters.
And it breaks our hearts to see so much hopelessness and apathy in our generation.
That's why we started a church from scratch.
We are willing to do whatever it takes to reach more people far from God throughout the Great Lakes Bay Region: No Reserves, No Retreats, No Regrets.
We're ok with being misunderstood by over-religious church people. Jesus was too.
YOU BELONG HERE
we won't put you on the spot.
When you visit a Life Church campus,
you'll quickly realize that's it's less about religion and more about relationships: with God and with each other.
No fake people here.
We have zero tolerance for gossip.
And we'll radically embrace you wherever you're at on your faith journey.
Because faith is a journey, not a guilt trip.
It's all about Jesus.
- God is the Creator and Ruler of everything. He has eternally existed in three persons: Father, Son, and Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
- Jesus is the Son of God, co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect substitutionary sacrifice for all people, dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended into heaven’s glory and will return again someday to reign as King of kings and Lord or lords.
- The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives within every Christian from the moment of salvation, providing the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As followers of Christ, we live under the Spirit’s daily control.
- The Bible is God’s Word to us. Written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit, it is the supreme source of truth. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth for living without any mixture of error.
- People are made in the image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme objects of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience and rebellion called ‘sin.’ Sin separates people from God and causes many problems in life.
- Salvation is God’s free gift to all who receive it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in the finished work of Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved and spared from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and toward Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into their life by faith. Because God gives us eternal life through Christ, the true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. If you did not earn your salvation, you cannot ‘un-earn’ it. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God alone.